Division of Enrollment
Position Title: Admission Application & Data Specialist
Department: Office of Admission
Position Number: FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations and Events
- Works Closely with: Office of Admission; Registrar’s Office, Office of Marketing & Media Relations; Center for Academic and Professional Performance (CAPP)
- Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: This position processes applications for admission and provides general administrative, data management and communication support to the Office of Admission.
- Process applications for admission using Banner (student information system), Common Application and TargetX (customer relationship management system).
- Support transfer student admission process with data entry of prior coursework from prospective transfer student transcripts into Banner.
- Input prospective student data and execute communications to prospective students.
- Answer a high volume of incoming phone calls and email inquiries and provide general Admission information and/or route inquiry to appropriate Admission Office/University contact.
- Assist with compilation and distribution of recruitment data to admission staff as well as other Departments on campus.
- Analysis of student records and data for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Provides secondary support for other admission clerical staff and visit coordinator.
- Assists with general admission inquiries from students, parents, and secondary school staff.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years related office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Email, and communication software
- Ability to coordinate projects
- Ability to accurately prepare and process records, applications, and reports
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to analyze student records and data
- Experience with Banner student information system (or similar data management system) preferred.
- Ability to operate a keyboard with accuracy.
- Typically sitting at a desk
- Occasional lifting boxes/materials, 25 lbs. or less
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.