Division of the College of Fine Arts
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: School of Music
- Reports to: Director, School of Music
- Works Closely with: Audition Coordinator, Prep Coordinator, and SOM Faculty
- Directly Supervises: Student Workers
Job Summary: This position provides administrative and bookkeeping support to the School of Music.
1. Maintains School of Music budget, including the Millikin-Decatur Symphony Orchestra and the Prep Department budgets.
2. Prepares invoices for payment.
3. Initiates and monitors payroll for adjunct faculty, members of the Millikin-Decatur Symphony Orchestra and student workers.
4. Supervises student office workers.
5. Schedules rooms
6. Manages CD library.
7. Maintains student files.
8. Maintains records for faculty teaching assignments and student academic records
1. Handles mail distribution and bulk mailings.
2. Handles recital attendance.
3. Coordinates syllabi records.
4. Coordinates jury records and schedules.
5. Coordinates/orders supplies for faculty and staff.
6. Maintains piano tuning records.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- One to three years’ previous office experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work area
Hazards: No known hazards