Division of Enrollment
Position Title: Administrative Assistant - Daily Visits and Events
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations & Events
- Works Closely with: Office of Admission, University Support Staff, Student Workers
- Directly Supervises: None
Job Summary: This position serves as the first point of contact for all visitors to the Office of Admission and manages the scheduling of daily visits.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and Respect for the individual
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
- Greets all visitors to the Office of Admission.
- Coordinates all components of official visits to the Office of Admission including, campus tours, meetings with faculty, appointments with Admission Counselors, and coordination with coaches in the Athletics Department for visit needs.
- Answers the phone in the Office of Admission and responds to whatever action is needed, especially regarding, but not limited to, campus visit needs.
- Corresponds with daily visitors regarding scheduled visits, related questions, appointment changes, etc.
- Assists with general Office of Admission operation needs, including but not limited to, record keeping, bill payments, check requests, credit card statement payment processing, etc.
- Supports the Director of Operations & Events in the management of all Office of Admission events, including but not limited to Campus Visit Days, Scholarship Interview Day, Admitted Student Day, Registration Days, Orientation, etc., and all necessary correspondence.
- Uses the CRM to input and manage data related to daily campus visits, verifies visitor information and ensures accuracy, makes sure all visits are tracked accordingly in the system.
- Serves as Administrative Assistant to Office of Admission, including submitting time-off requests, manages the Admission Office calendar, and orders office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations & Events.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One to three years office experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard; typing 40 wpm.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or less
- Ability to maneuver numerous stairs
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.