At Millikin University, we know that our international students often have to pay significant international transfer fees when paying for their tuition fees and expenses. We listened to your challenges, so we've teamed up with TransferMate to provide you a transparent payment method to reduce additional bank fees and improve your payment experience. TransferMate helps international students pay tuition and fees in their local currency from any country. We have now integrated international payments powered by TransferMate into the payment checkout process, which means you have the ability to pay your tuition and fees in your local currency.
What are the benefits?
- Faster payment posting to your student account
- Local currency payment methods
- Great exchange rates and 48 hour rate lock
- 24-hour customer service from TransferMate
- 24-hour online tracking of payments
TransferMate lets you make international payments to Millikin University in your own currency while receiving competitive foreign exchange rates. If you're an international student or parent you can use this secure, payment method during your online checkout process.
How to make a payment with TransferMate
1. Visit the TransferMate payment link https://touchnetmillikinuniversity.transfermateeducation.com/
2. Choose the country you are paying from and your preferred payment method
3. Complete payer details and set up an account
4. Make your payment with the provided instructions
5. Track your payment throughout the process
In lieu of TransferMate, payments can be made online via U.S. bank account, credit, or debit card.
Option 1 - Pay in Full
Balance must be paid in full by August 31st for the fall semester and January 31st for the Spring Semester to avoid additional fees.
Option 2 - Four-Month Installment Plan
- Log in to myMillikin and click on the green Pay Bills icon
- Click on Enroll in Payment Plan
- Click the drop down box to select the term
- Click Select under action
- View the terms of the installment plan
- Click continue
- Click the drop down to choose your method of payment and then click continue
- Follow the steps to complete your payment transaction
Terms of the Monthly Installment
- There is a $50 processing fee per term
- Pay via Transfermate, or from credit card, debit card, or U.S bank account for each payment
- Debit/credit card payments have an additional 2.85% processing fee
- 4 equal monthly installments - August through November for fall semester and January through April for spring semester
- Enrollment period: Fall Term August 1st - August 30th and Spring Term January 1st through January 30th
Fall Term Spring Term
August 31st January 31st
September 30th February 28th
October 31st March 31st
November 30th April 30th
Please note that you can also pay your bill in the office via cash or check from your U.S. bank account.
*We are aware that certain countries cannot use Transfermate due to financial sanctions. Please contact Student Financial Services (SFS) if this is your situation and we will work out an alternate payment method on a case-by-case basis. You can also contact Student Financial Services if you have any difficulty completing your payments.
Students must grant parents or other payers access by setting them up as an Authorized User following the steps below. Authorized users may view student account activity, make payments, and set up payment plans.
- Log into your Touchnet account via MyMillikin by clicking "account balance" in the top right corner.
- Click the Authorized Users link in the My Account menu.
- Click Add Authorized User near the bottom of the window.
- Enter the email address of your authorized user.
- An automated email including a link, username and temporary password will be sent. Your authorized user will use this information to log in and set up his/her profile.
- After set up, all authorized users making tuition payments on your behalf will access the system directly through the dedicated Authorized User access. https://www.onlinepay.millikin.edu
**Please be aware that parents or authorized users will not have access to invoices or payment options until they are added to your account. Authorized users will not be able to view any other student information from this access
Frequently Asked Questions
- What fees are charged to students?
- $20 for domestics US to US transfers.
- When will my payment post to my student account?
- Your payments are posted automatically within 24 hours from payment completion.
- How do I look up a specific transfer?
- Please visit your TransferMate Dashboard/Admin portal for detailed information on your international student payments.
- How can I process international refunds for my students?
- Please contact your TransferMate account manager for detailed instructions and training.
- Can my family or other authorized users have access to my Student Account?
Students may setup authorized users to view their billing information and/or their student bill on his or her behalf. Please note that, in accordance with FERPA, this does not allow the authorized user to view the student’s academic records, course schedule, or other personal information. Authorized users may view student account activity, make payments, and set up payment plans.