The Employee Recognition Committee was created to recognize outstanding members of the Millikin Community through the Employee Service Awards Recognition Program, Employee of the Month Program (EOM), and Employee of the Year Recognition (EOY).
For more information on criteria required to submit a nomination, visit our Employee Recognition Committee page. During the Academic Year, recognize an exceptional Millikin staff member by submitting your nomination for the Employee of the Month (EOM) to EOM@millikin.edu.
Employees of the Month 2019-2020
- September - Tori Christian
- October - Andrea Ohl
- November - Emily Fitzgerald
- January - Lisa Casey
- February - Ann Regan
- March - Lauren Acton
Employee of the Year 2020
Andrea Ohl - Andrea was named the Employee of the Month in October. She has worked at Millikin University since March 2013. She is an Administrative Assistant in the Department of Exercise Science & Sport.
Employees of the Month 2018-2019
- April - Nicole DeLiberis
- May - Brynn Kickle
- August - Danielle Fields
- September - Kristie Montgomery
- October - Eric Mercer
- November - Michael Sargeant
- December - Brittnee Snodgrass
- January - Bonnie Niemeyer
- February - Starla Street
- March - Jennifer Moore
Employee of the Year 2019
- Danielle Fields - Danielle was honored as the Employee of the Month in August 2018. Danielle began working at Millikin in February 2005 as an Executive Assistant in the Business Office. She has held several positions in the Business Office over the years, most recently as a Financial Analyst. She transferred to Marketing and Media Relations in March 2019 and serves as a Communication Specialist.
Employees of the Month 2017-2018
- April - Marita Maddox
- May - Kim Dial
- August - Lashonda Anderson
- September - Deb Kiick
- October - Kyle Taylor
- November - Erika Brewer
- December - Lisa Lindsey
- January - Ruth Nihiser
- February - Candice Germany
- March - Tom Friend
Employee of the Year 2018
- Candice Germary - Candice was honored as Employee of the Month for February 2018. Candice began working at Millikin in July 2017 and serves as the Assistant Director of the University Commons in Student Development.
Peers Recognizing Peers
The Employee Recognition Committee (ERC) is composed of members of Millikin University as follows:
- Two faculty members, each with a two-year term of service
- Two professional staff members, each with a one-year term of service, and renewable for one additional year
- Two support staff members, with a one-year term of service
- One representative from the Millikin University Human Resources Office
- The previous year's Employee of the Year
- One student, with a one-year term of service
The Employee Recognition Committee is responsible for managing and implementing the following Millikin University programs:
- Employee of the Month (EOM) award
- Employee of the Year (EOY) award
- Employee Service Awards
For more information on any of these programs, to volunteer for the committee, or submit a nomination for EOM please send an email to email@example.com.
Who's eligible for Employee of the Month?
Nominee must be a regularly scheduled professional or support staff employee at Millikin University with a minimum of six months of service. Professors/Instructors/Directors and above are NOT eligible.
The nominee should exhibit exemplary service while embracing the spirit of the Millikin community and mission.
An employee is eligible to be named "Employee of the Month" once every two years.
Please include details on why you feel the nominated individual deserves the award.
Not sure if someone is eligible? Send your nomination, and we'll let you know!