Updated: July 24, 2020 - 12:40 p.m. CST
You may now access your housing assignment on your myMillikin page using the icon titled “Housing Information” under the Academics tab. Your residence hall assignment designates your residence hall and roommate information for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please note that this information is subject to change, and changing student information may affect your placement.
Move-in schedule as follows:
- August 6-12 – Special Programs. You will be contacted by your program director.
- August 13 – Resident Assistants, Peer Mentors
- August 16 – EDGE (check-in at University Commons)
- August 19 – International Students, Long-Vanderburg Scholars
- August 19-21 – The Woods Residents (except those doing early move-ins)
- August 20 – First-Year Honors Students, Leadership Scholars
- August 21 – All Remaining First-Year Students
In addition, please review the following information on moving to campus:
- New students not involved in a special early arrival program may check in after 9 a.m. but before 3 p.m. on Friday, August 21.
- Please report to your respective hall to obtain your room key and access to that residence hall.
- A more detailed move-in plan will be sent out by August 3. At that time, residents will have to sign up for move-in times.
- You will be greeted by one of our Campus Life Staff members who will check your temperature and review the move in plan for the building. Everyone must wear a face covering. For more information regarding visiting campus https://millikin.edu/visit. To complete check in, during this time we ask that you electronically sign your room condition report. This report, taken at the opening of your room, will be reviewed upon your departure at the end of the year, to determine damage and losses, if any.
- Note that Welcome Week events begin at 5 p.m. on August 21. Welcome Week is a mandatory program for new first-year students.
- Due to COVID-19, during move-in we are limiting each student to bringing two guests. Note that no room changes or moves will be allowed at this time. For more detailed information regarding the University’s plan on COVID-19, please visit: https://millikin.edu/health/coronavirus-and-covid-19.
- For those travelling from a COVID-19 hotspot (https://millikin.edu/health/coronavirus-and-covid-19/hot-spots), please contact Campus Life to request an earlier move in date to accommodate full required testing.
- If you require an early move-in date, and are not involved in a University-sponsored program, you must contact the Office of Campus Life prior to your arrival to seek approval.
- If you will be residing at The Woods at Millikin you will be receiving early arrival information directly from The Woods. More information for the Woods can be found at https://www.thewoodsatmillikin.com/news.
- Classes start on Monday, August 24.
Our policies can be found online (millikin.edu/residence-life) in our Everything You Need to Know brochure. This publication contains information on all aspects of residential living at Millikin University. Please take the time to read through this material as you are responsible for upholding the policies and standards as detailed in the manual.
If you have any questions about move-in, please contact the Office of Campus Life at 217.424.6395 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in August!