Updated: June 12, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. CST
Dear Millikin Students, Faculty and Staff,
I write today with good news regarding our calendar for the Fall 2020 semester. Because the State of Illinois is moving through Governor Pritzker’s five-phase Restore Illinois Plan more quickly than initially projected, I am pleased to announce that Millikin University will start fall semester classes on August 24.
We plan to offer face-to-face instruction, but of course, we will continue to follow CDC, Federal, and State guidelines. You will receive more information over the coming weeks about campus health and safety expectations, including face coverings and social distancing measures. We are eager to reunite with our Big Blue family to participate in our distinct brand of Performance Learning.
Millikin University has adjusted the academic calendar for the Fall 2020 semester by implementing the following changes:
- Fall semester classes will begin Monday, August 24.
- Classes will be held on Labor Day, Monday, September 7.
- Fall Break will be moved to November 23 and 24, the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving. No classes will be held the week of Thanksgiving.
- Beginning November 30, for one week of instruction, classes will be held using online or other distance methods.
- The final day of classes will be Friday, December 4.
- Finals will be held in an online or other distance format beginning Monday, December 7 through Thursday, December 17.
- December Commencement will be held Sunday, December 13.
- Housing and dining facilities will be open and operational throughout the entire semester.
While the exact future is unpredictable and this information is subject to change, we believe this schedule will allow us to maintain the academic integrity of the fall semester while also providing the flexibility that our students need to be successful. The health and safety of our Millikin community and the academic experience of our students remain our top priorities.
Sincerely yours in Millikin,
Patrick E. White