Updated: April 9, 2020 - 3:05 p.m. CST
Dear students, parents and families:
I am hopeful this message finds you and your family in good health.
Over the past four weeks, so much has changed for all of us. During this time, the University has worked diligently to put into place a process by which we will provide a pro-rated refund for spring term student housing and dining costs. We are pleased to be able to offer this option to our students and families and continue to support those students who choose to remain in their campus housing assignments. Our residence halls, apartments, and the Woods at Millikin will remain open. See below for information on eligibility for the refund:
What housing options are eligible for a refund? All University-owned residence halls, apartments and the Woods at Millikin.
How much is the refund? Refunds will be issued up to 50% of room and board paid for the spring 2020 term. Refunds will be calculated based on when the student departed from campus housing.
Who is eligible? Students who have not actively lived in campus housing on or after March 23rd, 2020. Students who actively lived in campus housing after this date may be eligible for a partial refund pro-rated to their date of departure. These refunds will be calculated on an individual basis.
How will the refund be processed? Millikin will enact an early termination of the individual housing agreements, and meal plans based on the following schedule:
- Students who have not actively lived on campus since March 23rd will receive a 50% refund of housing fees paid for the Spring term.
- Students who actively lived on campus after March 23rd will receive a pro-rated refund of housing fees paid for the Spring term, based on date of departure.
- Students who had a dining plan with the University for the spring term and have not used that plan since March 23rd will receive a 50% refund of fees paid for meals and a return of any unused flex dollars.
- Students who had a dining plan with the University for the spring term and utilized their plan after March 23rd will receive a 25% refund of fees paid for meals and a return of any unused flex dollars.
All refunds will be issued to the Millikin University student account and applied to any outstanding balance. If the refund creates a credit balance, the credit will be refunded back to the student via paper check or direct deposit (if already set up through the University) in early May. Students should logon to their MUOnline account to be certain the permanent address on file with the University is correct.
Please note: Refunds are based on room and board fees paid by the student. Housing and/or meal scholarships and credits will be applied to charges for room and board before the refund is calculated.
We ask that students vacate their residence according to the schedule below. If a student has not yet formally vacated and checked out of their campus residence, the following options are available:
- Residence Hall Students must vacate their residence hall rooms by April 24th, 2020:
- Sign up for a check-out appointment at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SP20ChkOut
- No more than four students per hour will be scheduled for residence hall check-out to ensure proper social distancing.
- During the check-out process, all personal belongings will be removed from the residence, a virtual check out inspection will be conducted, and the room key will be returned to Public Safety in Walker Hall.
- Woods Residents must vacate their apartments by the end of the lease term, May 15th, 2020.
- On or before April 15th, residents will receive communication via email, text and website detailing move-out procedures.
- In the event that students want to return their keys now, they may do so at the Woods Leasing Office.
- Utilities will remain the responsibility of the resident through the end of the lease.
- Questions regarding move-out procedures can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If students are unable to travel to campus to retrieve their personal belongings, special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Special dispensations are reserved for those students who currently reside outside of reasonable driving distance or for those students/families who are ill or in active CDC advised quarantine.
- In these cases, students will be asked to mail their key to the University and agree to permit the University to store their personal belongings at a nominal charge.
On behalf of all my colleagues at the University, I want to thank you for your patience and understanding. Take care, and know that we look forward to welcoming you back to the Big Blue. Should you have questions about the check-out process, please contact the Office of Campus Life at 217-424-6395 (email@example.com). Questions regarding student accounts refunds may be directed to the Office of Student Financial Services at 217-424-6317 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Yours in Millikin,
Vice President for Student Affairs