Dear Millikin Students:
As the pandemic continues to shift, and as we know more about how the Omicron variant behaves differently than previous variants of COVID-19, we have made a few key changes to the campus guidance released on January 7, 2022. The following guidance goes into effect today, January 19, 2022.
In line with IDPH and CDC isolation guidelines, the isolation period following a positive test will be reduced if appropriate:
- Millikin University community members who test positive must isolate for at least 5 days. Individuals can now be released from isolation after 5 days AS LONG AS symptoms are resolving, and the individual is fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- Masks must continue to be worn 100% of the time for an additional 5 days when around others.
- If you still feel sick, continue to isolate.
- No re-test at day 5 is necessary.
- If you are currently in isolation, you may wish to contact your University Contact Tracer for guidance.
With the knowledge that the Omicron variant produces a quicker negative test result than previous variants, the immunity window will be moved to 30 days:
- After a positive test, if you remain unvaccinated (as detailed below), you will resume weekly surveillance testing 30 days after your positive test.
- If you tested positive over the winter break, please email proof of your positive test to email@example.com to be exempt from initial entry testing.
Our weekly surveillance testing guidelines will change considering the CDC recommendation that fully vaccinated means boosted. However, we will allow a grace period for individuals to obtain their booster vaccination.
- Before March 1, 2002: All individuals who have received less than 2 doses of Moderna/Pfizer or 1 dose J&J must participate in weekly surveillance testing.
- After March 1, 2022: All individuals who are not fully vaccinated and/or are eligible to receive a booster shot (vaccinated more than 6 months ago) and not boosted will be required to participate in weekly surveillance testing.
- As a reminder, we will offer on-campus booster clinics with the first date being next Thursday, January 27th, 2022 from 10am-2pm in the University Commons.
- Please be reminded that in addition to weekly surveillance testing, all Millikin students are required to participate in spring term entry testing between January 17-24.
Temporary Reduction in Custodial Services
- Custodial staff have been impacted by illnesses this week. As a result, Millikin will need to prioritize cleaning for student spaces and public spaces. Please be patient. Office cleaning will need to be curtailed through the end of January. Trash will be emptied once a week. We hope to return to more normal cleaning of offices in February.
- Schedule your entry test! You must test by January 24th, 2022 at our SHIELD Clinic on Campus. Instructions for how to set-up your SHIELD account can be found at our COVID-19 website.
- Commuters and off-campus students are also required to participate in entry testing. If you have barriers to entry testing due to your distance from campus or lack of transportation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for options.
- Upload your Proof of Booster Vaccination to MyMillikin.
- If you are a new student or have not submitted your initial vaccination record to MyMillikin or exemption form, do so today to be permitted to attend classes on the 24th.
- Remember that masks continue to be required anywhere indoors on campus. All dining will be to-go format until the end of the soft quarantine.
If you would like to watch a video update about these changes, click here.
Any and all questions about our COVID guidelines can be directed to Student Affairs at 217-424-6395 or via email at email@example.com
Safe travels back to campus and Go Big Blue!