Benefits for Veterans
Millikin's Office of Financial Aid participates in the following federal programs for veterans including:
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition Assistance
To determine eligibility status, please visit the Department of Veterans Affairs, or call 1.888.442.4551.
Steps to secure your benefits
- New Applicants - VA Form 22-1990: "Application for Education Benefits" - VA Form 22-5490: "Application for Survivors and Dependents' Education Assistance" - OR -Transfer Students - VA Form 22-1995: "Request for Change of Program or Place of Training" - VA Form 22-5495: "Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance". Please follow this link to complete these forms online.
- All Applicants are to submit a DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty) or a NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility). Persons eligible for Post 9/11 benefits and Yellow Ribbon are required to submit a Certificate of Eligibility obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Please note other documents may be required; if so the certifying official will notify you.
- It is the student's responsibility to complete the worksheet each semester.
- The VA requires schools and students to verify enrollment. The student should notify the certifying official of any changes to enrollment status as well as the VA. The VA requires veterans receiving benefits to attend scheduled class meetings. Failure to do so may result in the loss of benefits and pay back of veterans benefits already received for the semester in question.
All questions concerning payment are to be referred to the Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1.888.442.4551 or by sending an electronic inquiry.
Scholarship Opportunities for Veterans
Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program and Emergency Grant Program. Apply Online! DUE date is February 29, 2019!!!!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Millikin University is committed to nondiscrimination and equal opportunities in its programs, activities and employment for students and employees regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Student Financial Services
Shilling Hall 119
1184 W. Main St.
Decatur, IL 62522
School Certifying Official: Chilwana Thompson