Novell Data Sync (NDS) is available for current students of Millikin University. NDS allows the user to sync user email, calendar, contacts and reminders from GroupWise to many mobile devices.
Before you begin
- Your WiFi-Only device MUST be connected to the secure wireless network; other devices should be connected to the secured wireless network. For instructions on connecting your device to the secured wireless network, please go to www.millikin.edu/it > Student Support > Network Connection FAQs.
- Students must complete the Mobile Device Sync setup process prior to configuring the device(s). To request a mobile sync account, or to view your specific server information, please go to myMILLIKIN and click on MY ACCOUNT.
- Your device MUST support Exchange, Corporate Sync or Active Sync. For more information, please consult your device's documentation, or contact your device's manufacturer or service provided (Verizon, AT&T, etc).
Configuring your device
- Gather your Millikin Credentials, which include your Millikin email address, username, and password.
- You will need your Mobile Device Sync server name, which you can acquire by logging in to myMILLIKIN and selecting MY ACCOUNT.
- Depending on your device, you may need the domain: AT
For a list of known supported devices, click here.
For step-by-step instructions for setting up Mobile Sync on your device, please contact your device's manufacturer or service provided. You can also find a wealth of information by searching the internet.