Safe Zone Training
The Millikin University offers the Safe Zone program to assist individuals who want to be allies or simply learn more about the LGBTQA community. Participants who take the Safe Zone training can become officially recognized allies by pledging to non-judgmentally listen to LGBTQA students, faculty, and staff.
- Understand the purpose of Safe Zone and Ally Training
- How we can best utilize Safe Zone training in our roles
- Develop a working knowledge of LGBTQQIAPN terminology
- The importance of language
- Key concepts
- Define multiple ways to exhibit and/or demonstrate ally behavior
- What is the best way to support the LGBTQQIAPN community at Millikin?
- What has worked for you?
- Identify areas of growth as an ally