Study and practice a wide range of theatrical skills such as dance, dramaturgy, and directing — all while experiencing the flexibility to pursue a second major or minor.
Study the art and craft of acting through the practice of analysis, physical and vocal technique, and performance.
Design & Production, BFA
Explore the world of technical theatre by designing and crafting scenery, costumes, lighting, and sound for a challenging production season.
Musical Theatre, BFA
Develop the performance skills of a “triple threat” with intensive training in acting, singing, and dance.
Stage Management, BFA
Develop technical, organizational, leadership, and communication skills through courses and practical experiences as a stage manager.
Theatre Administration, BFA
Apply the skills of marketing, management, media, and production through leadership positions and internships in the theatre industry.
School of Theatre & Dance
The School of Theatre & Dance has earned a reputation among theatre professionals around the globe for excellence in training undergraduate theatre students. Our approach to education, known as Performance Learning, offers conservatory style training rooted in a liberal arts education that prepares students for professional success.
College of Fine Arts
The School of Theatre and Dance is housed within Millikin University's College of Fine Arts, along with the School of Music, the Art Department, and the new Department of Arts Technology. Over 25% of the MU student population are enrolled in a major within the College of Fine Arts. Student and faculty artists in the College collaborate across all arts disciplines in an environment rich with Performance Learning opportunities.
School of Theatre and Dance alumni have found success in all areas of theatre and are working around the globe. From Broadway to regional theatre, cruise ships to theme parks, international tours to film and television, our alumni have made their mark as performers, designers, stage managers, administrators, casting directors, agents, educators, entrepreneurs, and more.
DID YOU KNOW
- American Theatre Magazine included the Millikin Musical Theatre program in its list of 13 notable programs outside of New York City.
- College Magazine named the Millikin Musical Theatre program one of the top 10 in the U.S.
- OnStage Blog named the Millikin Musical Theatre program one of the top 10 in the U.S.
- OnStage Blog named the Millikin School of Theatre and Dance the top theatre school in the state of Illinois.
- OnStage Blog named the Millikin School of Theatre and Dance among the top 25 BFA Acting programs in the U.S.
- U.S. News and World Report Magazine ranked Millikin University #11 among regional Universities in the Midwest.