Millikin Mentor Program
The Millikin Mentor program fosters relationships between students and alumni with the aim of helping students succeed at Millikin and beyond. It also provides alumni with a meaningful opportunity to stay engaged with the Big Blue. In partnership with MU’s Career Center, the program runs October-April each academic year, creating a robust program for both students and alumni.
Important 2017-18 Dates:
- Sept. 29: Application deadline (students and alumni)
- Oct. 16: Match date and student meeting (students)
- Oct. 21: Induction Lunch & football game (students and alumni)
- March 1: Etiquette Dinner (students and alumni)
- May 6: End-of-Year BBQ (students and alumni)
Student mentees are motivated individuals who are excited to build a professional network and receive career advice from MU alumni. Student mentees are partnered with alumni mentors based on similar academic studies, career interests and goals.
- Attend Induction Lunch on Saturday, Oct. 21, and Closing BBQ on Sunday, May 6.
- Commit to a minimum of one conversation per month via email, phone, in-person, etc.
- Must be currently enrolled as an MU student.
For more information, please contact the Career Center at 217.424.6294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.