Millikin Mentor Program
The Millikin Mentor program fosters relationships between students and alumni with the aim of helping students succeed at Millikin and beyond. It also provides alumni with a meaningful opportunity to stay engaged with the Big Blue. In partnership with MU’s Center for Academic & Professional Performance, the program runs October-April each academic year, creating a robust program for both students and alumni.
Alumni, we hope you will share your Millikin experience, professional path to success and advice with the students following in your footsteps.
Important 2018-19 Dates:
- Monday, Oct. 1: Application deadline (students and alumni)
- Sunday, Oct. 21: Match date and student meeting (students)
- Friday, Oct. 26: Millikin Percussion Ensembles Halloween Concert and Pre-Concert Reception (students and alumni)
- TBA: Spring Event (students and alumni)
Alumni mentors are role models and resources who share educational and professional experiences with students to provide career guidance and professional contacts. Alumni mentors are partnered with student mentees based on similar career paths, interests and goals.
- Commit to a minimum of one conversation per month via email, phone, in-person, etc.
- Sign a contractual agreement upon match to commit to fully participating in the program.
- Must be an MU graduate.
For more information, contact the Alumni & Development Office at 217.424.6383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.