Sport(s) and position(s): Softball, pitcher
Millikin major: Nursing
Master’s degree in nursing and administration of anesthesia from Bradley University/Decatur Memorial Hospital, 2008.
Current employment: Certified register nurse anesthetist at Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital in Lincoln, Ill., and assistant junior high girls basketball coach for Mt. Pulaski Elementary School.
Personal Big Blue stats/athletic achievements:
- Lettered (1988, 1989, 1990)
- First-team All-CCIW (1989, 1990)
- Second-team NCAA Division III Midwest Regional All-American (1989, 1990)
- Team captain (1990)
- Pitched an eight-inning no-hitter vs. Augustana, 1990
- Pitched six career shutouts
Why did you choose MU?
Great reputation, 100 percent placement for the nursing program and proximity to me.
Aside from Big Blue athletics, what activities did you participate in as a student at MU?
What was your most memorable moment as a Millikin student-athlete?
The CCIW championship.
What are some of your accomplishments since graduating from Millikin University?
- Played on Chicago Fire USA Team All-Stars in Europe in 1991.
- Played in the 1992 National Championships in Redding, Calif., as a member of the Carlinville Storm.
- Named most valuable player in the women’s class AA major state softball tournament in 1993.
When not supporting the Big Blue, what is your favorite thing to do?
Spending time with my family, vacationing and coaching.
Who is your most memorable MU professor/coach/staff and why?
Coach Bryce Boston. He is a great, caring coach who taught us great sportsmanship, how to work hard and love the game of softball.
How has your experience as a Big Blue athlete prepared/helped make you successful?
It taught me hard work, loyalty and dedication are important to being successful in life.
What advice do you give to current Millikin students about preparing for life after graduation?
Study hard, enjoy the time in school, make lots of new friends and nothing is impossible with a little hard work.