The Millikin Fund financially provides for the areas of greatest need throughout campus. Gifts to the Millikin Fund are an important part of the University’s operating budget, and help cover the costs associated with providing quality opportunities for Performance Learning to MU students.
For our current fiscal year, which runs July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023, our goal is to raise $800,000 for the Millikin Fund. Each dollar makes a difference, and gifts of any amount are appreciated. You can even double or triple the impact of your gift to this important fund if you or your spouse work for or are retired from a matching gift company.
Thanks to the support of donors like you, MU students are given these opportunities and more:
- Biology students gained practical experience in veterinary research at the area Illinois Raptor Center.
- Information Systems students developed a database application for BRE Law, a local law firm.
- Student-run ventures like Blue Connection, Blue Satellite Press, Carriage House Press and First Step Records provide opportunities for students to contribute to the local economy and emphasized the value of entrepreneurship within the arts.
- Nursing students developed clinical practices, providing education for at-risk teen mothers and their children in cooperation with BabyTALK, a local nonprofit.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted individuals and businesses all over the globe, and Millikin University is no exception. Your support of the Millikin Fund, has/will been fundamental in helping our University navigate the abnormal past year. Every new gift will continue to help us sustain unexpected and urgent expenses related to the impacts of COVID-19 and help the University in assisting students during this critical time, such as:
- Increased housekeeping and facilities services throughout campus, as we increase precautions to help prevent the spread of illnesses through shared spaces;
- Software simulations for remote coursework in departments dependent upon hands-on learning opportunities;
- Technology upgrades throughout campus, increasing the ease with which students and faculty can engage in a digital classroom setting;
- Innovative options for Performance Learning for students who are scattered throughout the country; and
- Any additional expenses we will incur in order to manage the Millikin community safely through this crisis.