A BIG BLUE thank you to everyone who participated in our virtual Homecoming! Although this was an unusual year, we were thrilled to have so many choose to celebrate with us virtually. With more than 565 registered virtual attendees, 11 class reunions via Zoom and 26 additional virtual events and experiences, you proved to us that Homecoming really is in the heart!
Here are some of our favorite highlights from Homecoming 2020:
- Haunted Millikin stories with Troy Taylor was a crowd favorite, with more than 100 people logged in to confirm their paranormal suspicions of campus spook-lore!
- The Black Alumni of Millikin Virtual Brunch was a spectacular kickoff to relaunch this important affinity group, with more than 50 people joining in.
- More than 1,200 people watched the Virtual Concert from Your Couch, which featured performances by 21 talented alumni.
- We welcomed President Jim Reynolds and his wife, Sue, to the Millikin community with a virtual Q&A session.
- And the largest reunion boasted over 50 Residence Life and Student Development staff from 1970 to 1999, who gathered together to relive old stories and reconnect.
While this year’s Homecoming will look much different than we’re used to, we’re excited to offer some unique and exciting opportunities for the Big Blue family to come together virtually and celebrate all of the wonderful things that make Millikin University so special. Participate in a Q&A session. Impress your friends with your brain power at our trivia night. Join us in recognizing our newest Alumni Award winners and Athletic Hall of Fame inductees. Jam out with your family from the couch during our virtual concert. Whatever your interest, we’ve got something for everyone!
There’s nothing we love more than knowing that our alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends are as excited as we are to celebrate together this year. Submit your registration online and let us know which virtual events you are planning to attend. You may also schedule a socially distant campus tour through this registration page. We’d be happy to show you all of the wonderful updates around campus!
We are as disappointed as you are that our class reunions won’t be taking place in person this year. However, it is important to us that our alumni be able to continue to make connections virtually. Visit this space to learn about our virtual class reunion plans. Also, be sure to mark your calendars for October 8-10, 2021, when we’ll be welcoming back our class years ending in 0 and 5 to celebrate their reunions in person!