Growing Your Network
We encourage our students to get involved in activities that help them to understand more deeply their chosen profession and that allows for professional networking. There are many professional organizations and associations that offer student members. While not an exhaustive list, we do offer the following suggestions for our students to consider:
- American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA): The American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA), formed in 1938, provides opportunities for women in all fields of accounting and finance.
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC): IFAC is a global organization, representing 2.5 million accountants employed.
- National Association of Black Accountants: Since 1969, this group has strived to on promote and develop minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- The Professional Accounting Society of America (PASA): Since 2005, PASA has focused on entry-level and mid-level associates working at accounting firms across America.
- American Management Association: The AMA provides trainings and valuable resources to ensure business professionals stay knowledgeable in the competitive business world.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS): The American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) provides research and education and certification programs for supply chain and operations management professionals.
Digital Media Marketing
- American Marketing Association (AMA): The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America and is a resource that thousands of marketers utilize daily.
- The National Association of Sales Professionals (NASP): Since 1991, The National Association of Sales Professionals (NASP) has been committed to developing sales professionals to become leaders in the ever-evolving sales world.
- Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI): Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) is the worldwide organization dedicated to connecting individuals in the sales and marketing arenas.
- Social Media Club: Social Media Club is a professional organization that promotes social media literacy. They work to develop industry standards and provide members knowledge of industry trends in the cutting-edge field of social media marketing.
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO): CEO empowers student entrepreneurs by giving them the business resources, networking opportunities, mentorship, and competition experience to succeed in the ultra-competitive entrepreneurship space.
- Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO):The Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) is a global network working to enhance entrepreneurs’ abilities to be successful by learning and growing from each other’s knowledge and experience.
- American Bankers Association: Founded in 1875, the American Bankers Association represents banks of all sizes, supporting the nation’s banking industry and employees.
- The American Finance Association (AFA): The purpose of The American Finance Association is to promote the knowledge of financial economics.
- Association for Financial Professionals, Inc. (AFP): The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) serves treasury and finance professionals.
- CFA Institute: The mission of the CFA institute is to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
Management Information Systems & Cybersecurity
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): ACM brings together computing educators, researchers, and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field's challenges.
- CompTIA: The world's leading tech association, CompTIA is a thought leader and an action leader. From their IT professional association to their leading certification programs, from original research to member communities and councils, their unparalleled programs set industry standards, foster skills development and generate knowledge and insight every day.
- IBM_MtM: IBM's Master the Mainframe program and competition allows students to get hands-on experience across a variety of technologies, to develop valuable skills, and earn digital badges - with no prior knowledge required. Master the Mainframe introduces all participants to enterprise systems and inspires interest in mainframe technology.
- ISACA: Incorporated as the EDP Auditors Association in 1969 by a small group of individuals who recognized a need for a centralized source of information and guidance in the new field of electronic data processing audit. Today, ISACA serves 145,000 professionals in 180 countries, who span several roles in assurance, governance, risk and information security.