Lead, Create, Inspire
With the Entrepreneurship Certificate students learn to innovate, create, lead, and own a business venture. Coursework in the certificate program is designed to teach students to recognize opportunities, marshal resources, and assess risks. Students will be exposed to many activities of entrepreneurship including customer driven opportunities, design-thinking, market research, prototyping a new product or service, developing and iterating business models, attracting capital, networking with other active entrepreneurs, and starting a business.
Students will learn to create, lead, and own business ventures by:
- Utilizing frameworks of innovation to identify and capitalize on the needs, problems, and demands of a market.
- Analyzing environmental, legal, and ethical risks and rewards of ownership.
- Identifying the financial, physical, and intellectual resources they need, where to obtain them, and how to best utilize them.
- ET230 Financial Decision Making
- ET235 Customer Discovery
- ET340 Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- ET380 Art of Entrepreneurship OR ET383 Innovation Lab OR ET333 Global Social Entrepreneurship