Getting ready for studying abroad can be an exciting time, but efforts will need to be made in order to take care of the necessary requirements before you leave.
- Completing post-acceptance paperwork
- Securing necessary visas or permits
- Attending the mandatory MU Pre-Departure Orientation
- Secure Housing
Resources to help you prepare:
- The Center for International Education
- Parent's Guide to Study Abroad
Once you arrive in your host country, settle in, start your classes, and enjoy the experience of learning a new culture.
- Contact the Center for International Education and provide your study abroad mailing address.
- Notify your advisor and the International Advisor about any changes to your schedule to seek approval from the appropriate department chair or program director for any new classes you wish to use to fulfill a degree requirement.
- Stay in touch! Let us know how you are doing, what's going well, and we are here if you have any questions.
- Share with all of the students back home by posting your best photos to our Facebook page.
If you have questions, please contact the Center for International Education