Degree Evaluation Instructions

  1. Go to myMILLIKIN
  2. Click on MU Online
  3. Select the Student tab at the top of the page.
  4. Select the first link labeled Student Profile.
  5. Select the Degree Evaluation link on the left hand side.
  6. This page displays your current degree program.
  7. At the bottom of the page you can select View Previous Evaluations.
  8. We run batch degree evaluations for all students prior to Advising Day. There should be an up-to-date evaluation available to review. If there is not, you can run a What-if-Analysis or Generate New Evaluation at the bottom of the page.


Some suggestions when reading degree evaluations

  • Start by looking at first page to be sure program and degree are correct.
  • Summary information will tell you how many total credits you should complete at the end of the current term. (the current registration is added to completed credits). This allows you to see how many credits you will need to complete in order to graduate.
  • Check GPA information…for programs that require a GPA above 2.00, this will be noted under Program GPA.
  • Check the next area – 300/400 level credits to see how many have been completed. Remember current registrations are included. Courses not included in the current term are courses you have withdrawn from prior to running the compliance.
  • In most cases (not in all) the next area is the major.
    • If the course has been satisfied a Yes will appear in the left hand column. A No indicates the course is yet to be completed. Remember, current registrations are included in the compliance if you withdraw or fail a course, the next compliance will not show this course.

Points to remember

  • U.S. Studies and Global Studies courses could be cross-listed with other departments. If you see that one of these requirements is missing, check the 300/400 level area and/or the Non-Program electives areas at the end of the compliance to see if the course exists under its departmental ID. If it does, please email the Office of the Registrar and we’ll code the course so that the next compliance will show the requirement is complete.
  • The same is true for School/Division requirements.  Email the Office of the Registrar with what the problem is and we’ll try to make sure it shows up on the next compliance.
  • One final point… may have worked out a substitute course in the major. The Office of the Registrar needs to know from the Department Chair what that substitution is so that we can code it correctly in the system.
  • One more time…the compliance that you create is based solely on the information in your student record. To check your current record, go to your Student Profile in MU Online.  This will display your current degree information. If something needs to be changed, a Change of Major Form needs to be completed and turned into the Dean's office.