Chemistry Fellows Fund
An endowment to encourage undergraduate research in chemistry
An endowment to encourage undergraduate research in chemistry.
The chemistry faculty at Millikin University have established an endowed fund to encourage performance learning through undergraduate research in chemistry at Millikin.
To achieve this goal, each spring the chemistry faculty will designate at least one student who will be either a junior or senior the following year as the Chemistry Fellow(s). A student may be designated a Chemistry Fellow two years in a row. A plaque in the Chemistry Department will honor each year’s Fellow(s).
The fund will support performance learning through undergraduate research of Chemistry Fellows, Chemistry International Research Fellows, and/or Bringman Chemistry Fellows including but not limited to these activities:
- publication costs
- travel and other expenses to present at a scientific meeting
- travel and other expenses to conduct off-campus research, especially internationally or at an associated university, under the guidance of a Millikin University faculty member
- research supplies, equipment, analyses, or other related expenses
- summer stipend
Recent Fellows include
- Ashley Flores (2015 Chemistry Fellow, summer stipend and travel to ACS meeting)
- Brian Kane (2014 Chemistry Fellow, product analysis and travel to ACS meeting)
- Chelsea Hadsall (2013 Chemistry Fellow, travel to ACS meeting)
The chemistry faculty encourage alumni to contribute to this fund as part of their annual giving to Millikin.