Spring Unified Auditions
Mr. Burns, a post-electric play | The Phantom of the Opera
Monday, January 22 - Saturday, January 27
Process for Auditions
- You will have 2 minutes to present a song and monologue.
- Songs must be from the "legit" musical theatre repertoire (which may include arias from operettas) and must be in English.
- Please DO NOT sing from the Andrew Lloyd Webber or Adam Guettel repertoire.
- Please DO NOT sing a contemporary musical theater or pop/rock selection.
**The classical Musical Theatre rep is vast. Below is a very short list of examples of classical and classical-style musicals to aid in your search. You are welcome and encouraged to look beyond this list.
Oklahoma | My Fair Lady | Carousel | Les Miserables | HMS Pinafore | The Merry Widow | A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder | The Mystery of Edwin Drood | A Christmas Carol | The Most Happy Fella | A Tale of Two Cities | The Scarlet Pimpernel | Candide | Phantom (Maury Yeston) | Die Fledermaus | Spamalot
- Music majors, you are eligible for casting in both The Phantom of the Opera and Mr. Burns, a post-electric play. To be considered for both shows, you must present a song AND a monologue. If you wish to be considered for The Phantom... only, you may use your two minutes to present one musical selection. You are not required to use all 2 minutes.
- Please prepare a contemporary monologue of your choice from a play written from 1960 - present.
Tuesday, January 23
- Learn The Phantom... dance combination 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm - Old Gym Dance Studio.
Friday, January 26
- Show The Phantom... Dance combination from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm - Old Gym Dance Studio
- Music majors called back for Mr. Burns,... must dance in the first group.
- Required shoes
- Movers: Please wear ballet, jazz or character shoes
- Dancers: Please wear ballet shoes, women please bring pointe shoes if you have them
For Vocal and Acting Auditions
- Sophomores and Seniors will present songs and monologues on Monday night, January 22 - KFAC
- Freshmen and Juniors will present songs and monologues on Wednesday night, January 24 - KFAC
- Mr. Burns, a post-electric play: Friday, January 26 - 7:00pm – 10:00pm - Albert Taylor (For Music Majors Only)
- Mr. Burns, a post-electric play: Saturday, January 27 - 2:00pm - 5:00pm - Albert Taylor Theatre
- The Phantom of the Opera: Saturday, January 27 - 10:00am - 2:00pm - KFAC (on stage)
At a Glance
- Monday, January 22 - 6:30-9:30 - Sophomores and Seniors songs and monologues - KFAC
- Tuesday, January 23 - 6:00-10:00 - Learn Dance Combination - OG
- Wednesday, January - 24 - 6:30-9:30 - Freshmen and Juniors songs and Monologues - KFAC
- Friday, January 26 - 6:00-10:00 - Dance Audition - OG
- Friday, January 26 - 7:00-10:00 - Mr. Burns... Callbacks - Albert Taylor (Music Majors Only)
- Saturday, January 27 - 10:00-2:00 - The Phantom... Callbacks - KFAC
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:00pm - 5:00pm - Mr. Burns... Callbacks - Albert Taylor
*Additional Audition Information Will Be Available On The Moodle Unified Auditions Page*
Please keep your eyes on your email in January for instructions on how to sign up for auditions.