Fall Unified Auditions
Blood at the Root | She Loves Me
Monday, August 23 – Saturday, August 28
Each performer will have 2 minutes to present their audition pieces (songs and/or monologues). Auditions will be timed beginning after your slate.
- Please prepare an up-tempo, classical musical theatre cut that shows range (both vocally and in your acting choices).
- Recommended composers include but are not limited to: Meredith Wilson, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe, Rodgers and Hart, Frank Loesser, Jule Styne, Etc
- DO NOT sing anything from She Loves Me
- DO NOT sing a contemporary musical theatre or pop/rock song
- DO NOT belt
- Please prepare a contemporary monologue of your choice (dramatic or comedic).
Because both shows require choreography there will be 2 combinations for these unified auditions.
- Blood at the Root - a hip-hop combination will be taught. Please wear jazz shoes or jazz sneakers
- She Loves Me - a theatre dance combination will be taught. Please wear jazz or character shoes (female identifying dancers must wear heels)
Please note: street shoes are not permitted on the Marley floors.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 20
Dance combinations will be uploaded to the Unified Auditions Moodle page
MONDAY, AUGUST 23
6:00 pm - Freshman Audition Workshop (KFAC) - led by Jake Ziman, Sophie Miller, Ruth Zielke
TUESDAY, AUGUST 24
6:00-10:00 pm - Review Dance Combinations
- She Loves Me - CTD 300 (large dance studio)
- Blood at the Root - CTD 311 (large acting studio)
Attendance is optional but recommended. Sign-up for a slot with stage management.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25
6:30-9:30 pm - Freshman and Junior Auditions (KFAC)
THURSDAY, AUGUST 26
6:30-9:30 pm - Sophomore & Senior Auditions (KFAC)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 27
6:00-10:00 pm - Dual Dance Call - CTD 300 (large dance studio)
Attendance is NOT OPTIONAL. In order to be cast you must attend this dance call.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 28
9:00-12:00 pm - Blood at the Root - CTD 300 (large dance studio)
1:00-5:00 pm - She Loves Me - KFAC
Please look for an email in August for instructions on how to sign up for an audition time. If you DO NOT receive an email, please contact Julia Mlynowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
General information, Callback Lists, Callback materials, and Cast Lists will all be available on the Theatre: Unified Auditions Moodle page. All those auditioning need register for the page.