Millitrax Playhouse Weekend
YOU are invited to Millitrax Playhouse Weekend!
What is it?
A chance to live with the level of engagement that a Music Industry Studies (Commercial Music or Music Business) major will experience for four years. Over the course of the weekend, you will
- Record and market a pop music recording
- Engage with Music Industry Studies faculty and the best students in the program
- Stay for a night with a host student from Music Industry Studies
- Engage in a reflective closure conversation, informed by the weekend's activities, on the process of producing and marketing popular music and how you can prepare for a career in music
Here's the Important Stuff
- WHEN: Friday, March 23, 2018 from 6:30 p.m. - Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 4 p.m.
- WHO: Students who have auditioned for the School of Music on or before March 23rd. Parents are also not only welcome, but encouraged to attend and engage in this unique opportunity!
- AUDITION INFORMATION: If you need to schedule an audition, click here to fill out the School of Music application.
- RSVP: If you want to to a part of this amazing experience, you must reply to this email invitation or call Brynn Kickle (217.420.6781), the College of Fine Arts Admission Counselor, by March 3rd.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Students will be hosted on campus with current Music Industry Studies majors. Parents are welcome to stay at the Decatur Conference Center and Hotel that's just three miles away. Click here to make reservations and be sure to mention Millitrax Playhouse Weekend to receive Millikin's discounted rate. Meals will be provided on campus for everyone attending the event Friday evening, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon.
- PREPARATION: You will receive a detailed itinerary, demo recording of the song, and instructions for the photo session.
Are you in? Have more questions?
Contact Brynn Kickle