Jump to navigation
Professional Associations Serving the Industry
- The Alliance for Active Music Making (AAMM): The mission of AAMM is to promote active music-making approaches in general music teacher education.
- American Bandmasters Association (ABA): The ABA strives to recognize outstanding band conductors and composers throughout the US and encourage excellence in the field.
- American Choral Directors Association (ACDA): The ACDA promotes choral excellence and supports current choral directors around the nation.
- American Music Therapy Association (AMTA): Advancing public awareness of the benefits of music therapy and increase access to quality music therapy services in a rapidly changing world.
- American Orff Schulwerk Association (AOSA): The AOSA promotes the use of Orff-Schulwerk method and supports professional development for current teachers in the profession.
- American String Teachers Association (ASTA): The American String Teachers Association is designed to help string and orchestra teachers develop their careers.
- Chorus America: Chorus America is an advocate for choirs, choir singers, and conductors throughout the nation.
- Dalcroze Society of America (DSA): The DSA is designed to promote Dalcroze pedagogy and support teachers of this approach.
- Early Childhood Music and Movement Association (ECMMA): The ECMMA is dedicated to unite music and early childhood professionals for the benefit of children.
- The Gordon Institute for Music Learning (GIML): The purpose of the GIML is to advance music understanding through audiation.
- Illinois Music Education Association (ILMEA): ILMEA promotes lifelong music learning and provides leadership in music education.
- International Federation for Choral Music: A branch of the American Choral Directors Association, the International Federation of Choral Music is the home to a social networking sight for choral educators.
- International Society for Music Education (ISME): The ISME identifies the different ways that individuals engage in music worldwide.
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA): The MTNA was established to provide collaborative and teacher support for music teachers around the nation.
- National Federation of Music Clubs: The National Federation for Music Clubs is a philanthropic organization that supports American music, composers, and performers.
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME): The mission of NAfME is to advance music education by encouraging the study and making of music by all.
- Organization of American Kodaly Educators (OAKE): The mission of OAKE is to support music education of the highest quality, promote universal music literacy and lifelong music-making, and preserve the musical heritage of the people of the United States through education, artistic performance, advocacy, and research.
- Society for Research in Music Education: A branch of NAfME, the Society for Research in Music Education is a professional organization committed to music education-based research.
- Suzuki Association of the Americas: The Suzuki Association of the Americas is dedicated to make music available for all children through the Suzuki Method.