Job Summary: This position serves as a bus and/or van driver for the institution. Representing the university with professional driving and service to our campus community users. By definition, this position will require travel, some of which may be overnights and extended stays.
At Millikin University, we value:
Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
Passion and enthusiasm
Dignity and respect for individuals
A diverse and inclusive community
Integrity and responsibility
Advancement of the greater good
1. Safe operation of university vehicles in the performance of their duties
2. Pre-trip safety inspections of assigned vehicle
3. Trip planning for most efficient and safe route
4. Post-trip safety inspections of vehicle and correct notification of any noted deficiencies
5. Act as a University Ambassador of goodwill
1. Transport vehicles for off-site maintenance and inspections
2. Pick up or shuttle vehicles as needed
3. Other driving related duties as assigned
Minimum Position Qualifications:
High School Diploma/GED preferred,
1-2 years prior professional (CDL) driving experience
Minimum age of 21 due to interstate travel expectations
Bus and/or vehicle maintenance experience preferred
Valid “B” Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsements
Current Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
First aid/CPR/AED preferred
Attention to detail
Work prioritization to meet deadlines
Ability to adapt and adjust sometimes on short notice
Mental toughness to perform duties during adverse conditions.
Dexterity to operate assigned vehicle without unreasonable modification or accommodation.
Ability to handle small hand tools as needed to perform routine inspections and light vehicle maintenance as needed.
Physical condition sufficient to perform necessary driving related duties (occasionally lifting 25-50 lbs