Director of Recruitment Marketing
Division of Enrollment
Position Title: Director of Recruitment Marketing
Department: Marketing and Media Relations
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Executive Director of Marketing & Communications
- Works Closely with: Marketing & Media Relations Team; Admission Office; Academic Departments; Information Technology; University Clients
Job Summary: The Director of Recruitment Marketing is a full-time position responsible for supporting strategic marketing initiatives to drive enrollment for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The Director will serve as the lead in developing, executing and managing all official Millikin University recruitment marketing and communications, including full-funnel, multi-channel campaigns. The Director of Recruitment Marketing will also serve as the main communication manager for the University’s content management system (Salesforce/TargetX) and as a project manager for several internal projects, connecting the efforts of marketing, recruitment, Admission and more.
Supervising the University Writer and Communication/Social Media Specialist, the role will oversee content, media placement and coordination of visual designs to deliver effective recruitment marketing campaigns and collateral to increase student enrollment.
The role requires a seasoned marketing professional with expertise in performance marketing, branding and communications. A successful candidate enjoys strategic planning, marketing, creative thinking and collaborating in a team environment.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Intellectual and creative inquiry
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility
- Dignity and respect for all persons
- Integrity and responsibility
- Honest, open dialogue, and reflection
- Advancement of the common good
- Utilize industry leading practices to conceptualize and execute strategic recruitment marketing campaigns across multi-channel mediums, ensuring cohesive messaging while adhering to brand standards.
- Develop and manage implementation of comprehensive annual communications/marketing plan and calendar for communications for both undergraduate and graduate recruitment for all programs and disciplines.
- Oversee all website, SEO/SEM, email, social media and advertising campaigns.
- Maintain marketing automation integration within CRM and manage communication efforts across all University departments.
- Measure, analyze, and report on all marketing campaigns and assess against goals (KPIs and ROI).
- Identify trends and implement industry-leading practices.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects timely to meet deadlines.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to execute marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Five or more years of experience working in marketing and communications, with a preference in higher education recruitment marketing.
- Candidates must have previous experience leading the creation and implementation of strategic communication plans and experience in team leadership, both in supervising a communications staff and in fostering coordination and best practices within a wider institution.
- Working knowledge of email/digital marketing tools, Salesforce (or similar) CRM, and social media platforms.
- Experience in campaign development and oversight within all media types related to marketing, including digital marketing and multi-media fields such as online video, print design, social media, streaming and more.
- Analytical mindset with a proactive approach to reporting and campaign management.
- Excellent organizational skills, with accuracy and superior attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be a strong collaborator, thought leader and facilitator.
- Professional demeanor, with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Has Salesforce experience, preferred
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table, occasional standing and/or walking for periods of time.
- Occasional lifting 25 lbs. or less
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas, occasional outdoor exposure to weather, occasional evening and weekend working hours required as well as occasional travel. Must have valid driver’s license.
Questions about Employment at millikin?
Fill out a form, and a Millikin staff or faculty member will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.