Assistant/Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving
- Tabor School of Business
- FLSA Category
Division of Alumni and Development
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving (based on experience)
Department: Alumni & Development
Job Summary: The Assistant/Associate Director of Annual Giving is responsible for educating alumni about the important role philanthropy plays in the fiscal health of the University; cultivates them to becoming life-long donors through strategic and creative marketing and solicitation and relationship building. This position seeks to secure and retain unrestricted gifts for Millikin’s Annual Fund via direct mail, electronic, phone, and personal contacts. In addition, this individual is responsible for managing a pool of leadership annual donor prospects for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Intellectual and creative inquiry
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility
- Dignity and respect for all persons
- Integrity and responsibility
- Honest, open dialogue and reflection
- Advancement of the common good
- Initiate and supervise all Annual Giving efforts, both generated internally and/or by our vendor partner(s).
- Travel to visit prospects as necessary to increase contributions to the University’s annual fund, alumni participation and donor retention.
- Manage a list of 50-75 donor prospects capable of making a commitment of $1,000 or more for Annual Fund, moving them through the process of discovery, identification, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship, then write contact reports and compile other pertinent information following donor visits.
- Analyze data to identify appropriate population segments for targeted solicitations utilizing all mediums: mail, email, text, crowdfunding, calls, social media, etc.
- Coordinate Millikin’s giving day program: True Blue Challenge.
- Effectively manage annual giving budget.
- Assist in faculty/staff, class reunion, small project and affinity-based fund drives and giving programs based on campaign and campus priorities when appropriate.
- Steward annual fund donors including recognition societies
Contribute to the Alumni and Development Division and the University
- Contribute to the Division and University initiatives, meetings, team sessions, and committees as appropriate or assigned.
- Host/staff division and university events as appropriate.
- Represent the University to the Decatur and higher education community in a professional manner.
- Maintain and exhibit loyalty to the University, the Alumni & Development Division, and the Development profession.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Director of Development- Annual Giving
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prefer three to five years of work in the development/sales field.
- Basic knowledge of individual donor fund raising and data management.
- Results-oriented with commitment to prospect/donor relationship.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and enjoy working and communicating with others to help build relationships for fundraising purposes.
- Evidence of personal initiative and follow through.
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, evaluate, and improve initiatives to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of higher education, Millikin University and Decatur area preferred.
- Be a competent writer of business communications.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Sufficient to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table.
- Occasional standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifting 25-50 lbs. T
- asks requiring average visual acuity and hearing.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
- Frequent travel
- Occasional outdoor exposure to weather
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Hazards: NoneJob Description