Steps to Organize a New Student Organization
- Step 1: Fill out and submit a New Student Organization Registration Request to the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement
- Step 2: Schedule a meeting with Molly Berry, Director of Inclusion and Student Engagement, to discuss the purpose for starting the new student organization
- Step 3: The Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement will send a letter within two weeks of final meeting informing of decision
- Step 4: Student Organizations are required to submit their constitution and/or bylaws to the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement at least one month after they are recognized
- Step 5: If an organization is approved as a new student organization they will be considered a provisional student organization for a period of one full academic year. At the completion of provisional year, a meeting will be convened with the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement and Student Senate to consider granting full status as a Registered Student Organization
NOTE: Approval of new student organizations will be at the discretion of the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement
Permission to Organize a Club Sport
Club sport teams must apply for club status through the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement, meet all criteria, and follow the procedures to be recognized as a student organization as defined by Millikin University’s Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement. For more information regarding how to organize a club sport on campus please contact the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement at 217-424-6335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission to Organize a Social Fraternity or Sorority
The procedures outlined will be followed when determining the viability of establishing a new group on campus. The purpose of these procedures is to ensure that expansion of fraternities and sororities occurs in a manner which includes a carefully developed plan that is conducive to the educational mission of Millikin University. This provides maximum opportunity for successful expansion/growth and a meaningful and rewarding experience for the students within the Millikin fraternity/sorority community. For more information regarding how to organize a social fraternity/sorority on campus please contact the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement at 217-424-6335 or email email@example.com.