Digital Archives of The Decaturian
The Decaturian is Millikin University's student newspaper and has been published since the opening of the University in 1903 to the present. It is a rich source of both Millikin University and Central Illinois history from the perspective of college students through more than a century of change.
Original and microfilm copies of The Decaturian are held by the Millikin University Archives, located within Staley Library at Millikin University in Decatur, Illinois. The initial digitization of The Decaturian (issues from 1903-1951) was completed by OCLC Preservation Services and funded through an LSTA Grant awarded to the Archives in the fall of 2007. Funding for this grant was awarded by the Illinois State Library (ISL), a Division of the Office of Secretary of State, using funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), under the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).
The Digital Decaturian collection has been created from historical masters, which may contain opinions, language, images, or other materials that the modern reader may find offensive. The Millikin University Archives presents these documents as part of the historical record and does not endorse the attitudes expressed therein.