Faculty Information About Academic Accommodations
Student Accommodations include:
- Extended time for test taking
- Distraction free environment for test taking
- Alternative textbook formats
- Note taking assistance
- Peer tutoring
Contact: Carrie Pierson, Director of Disability Services &
Library 14E ADA Coordinator at 217-424-3999 or
The following procedures are used for a student with a documented learning disability when seeking a modification of the quantitative reasoning or foreign language requirement:
- The student must present documentation of a disability to the Office of Student Success at her/his own expense.
- If the documentation clearly indicates a disability that warrants a course substitution, a letter is sent from the Director of Disability Services and ADA Coordinator to the academic dean of the student's college, advisor, Registrar, and student. The letter includes possible substitution recommendations.
- The academic dean approves or rejects the request and contacts the student, advisor, Director of Disability Services and ADA Coordinator, and Registrar.
- If approved the student must meet with her/his advisor to discuss an appropriate substitution.
- Appropriate math substitutions are dictated by requirement of the discipline.
- Requests for a course substitution may be rejected if it is determined that a substitution will substantially alter the curriculum.
Millikin faculty, staff and other employees seeking ADA acommodations should contact Diane Lane, Director of Human Resources, at 362-6416 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in Shilling Hall 212.