Division of Enrollment
Position Description: Coordinator of Inclusion and Student Engagement
Department: Inclusion and Student Engagement
FLSA Category: Exempt
Reports to: The Director of Inclusion and Student Engagement
Works closely with: Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement Staff, and student organizations advisors
Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: The Coordinator is a 12-month, live-on, salaried position, reporting to the Director of Inclusion and Student Engagement. The Coordinator will play a central role in the daily advisement and support of the 80 plus Student Organizations on campus. The Coordinator will advise University Center Board (UCB) and have oversight and management of Homecoming, Fall Family Weekend, and creating a robust campus-programming calendar. The Coordinator will plan and implement purposeful and on going cultural and diversity programming within the Millikin Community. This position is live on and has on-call responsibilities.
1. Development and administration of policies and procedures related to student organizations to include:
- Advisement and support for 80 plus student organizations on campus.
- Develop trainings and workshops for student organization leadership and membership.
- Oversight of the recognition process for student organizations.
- Serving as a level one, student conduct officer for student organization conduct violations.
- Develop electronic communications on campus for events and programmatic efforts.
2. Advise University Center Board (UCB)
- Provide support and advisement for the Executive Board of UCB
- Meet weekly with the President of UCB and attend various weekly meetings
- Assist in management with UCB lead campus initiatives such as Fall Family Weekend, Homecoming, and Sibs and Kids Weekend
- Attend the annual National Association of Campus Activities (NACA) regional conference with student leaders
3. Develop and implement campus-wide cultural and diversity programming to include:
- Create and develop on-going cultural programming series, dialogue series, and assist with office initiatives for larger celebrations including, MLK Jr Vigil, Kwanzaa, etc.
4. Serve as a Secondary (Student Development) Advisor within Millikin's retention program, advising a caseload of assigned at-risk students.
- This includes, but is not limited to: Contacting and meeting with advisees, collaborating with academic advisors, faculty, and other partners; using technology platforms to record student interactions, and attending required training and professional development regarding advising students.
5. Serve as an advocate for student engagement and inclusion through frequent attendance at campus and community programs, events, and activities.
6. Serve as a member of the on-call Student Development Emergency Response Team.
1. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs or related experience.
- Experience working with campus programming, greek life, crisis response, and inclusion efforts preferred.
- Strong communication skills, time management skills, and an appreciation for diversity, and previous experience with nationally recognized fraternities and sororities.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Sitting at a desk, or table
- Occasional lifting of 25 pounds or less
- Intermittently sitting/standing
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative offices
- Alternative or flexible work schedules.
- Late night and weekend responsibilities are frequent.