Division of the College of Fine Arts
Position Title: Audition Coordinator
Department: School of Music
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, School of Music
Works Closely with: Finance Coordinator, School of Music Secretary
Directly Supervises: Student Workers
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing clerical support, as well as, the organization and implementation of the audition program.
1. Responsible for the organization and implementation of the audition program.
- Oversees initial contact with prospects of letters generated by Hobsons.
- Responds by e-mail or phone to prospect inquiries and schedules visits to the School of Music.
- Maintains audition records and reports in Excel and Banner and keeps audition files.
- Coordinates with faculty to schedule individual auditions.
- Hosts vocal audition days, coordinating with faculty and volunteers.
- Coordinates with faculty to establish audition days and draft the audition brochure and other audition materials.
- Facilitates additional recruitment activities and events
2. Coordinates Director’s schedule and assists in faculty searches.
3. Maintains the School of Music event calendar for all recitals, tours and extra rehearsals.
- Keeps a calendar in Word, Outlook and on the web for faculty, students and general public use.
- Ensures that all programs are formatted correctly, printed, archived and sent to BMI/ASCAP
- Provides information on SOM events to the College of Fine Arts dean and assistant
1. Organizes Freshman Registration for the School of Music.
2. Organizes faculty schedules.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One to three years’ previous office experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Knowledge of Hobsons and Banner preferred
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.