Division of Enrollment
Position Title: Application Specialist
FLSA Category: Non-exempt
Reports to: Dean of Admission
Works Closely with: Dean, Assistant Directors of Admission and Admission Counselors
Directly Supervises: Student workers that help on the desk
Job Summary: This position is responsible for downloading all applications for undergraduate admissions and managing all new undergraduate traditional applications.
1. Process all freshman applications; process all credentials – matching with applications, provide excellent customer service and assistance to prospective students, applicants and parents.
2. Maintain all files prior to presenting to counselors/Dean of Admission for review.
3. Second rollover on multi-line phone.
4. Assist in greeting and registration of students on Visit Days and Freshman Orientation.
5. Fill in on other desk when necessary; assist other University departments with their needs and requests.
1. Maintain printed materials.
2. Any other duties as assigned by the Dean of Admission.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One to three years’ previous office experience (in a busy setting)
- Data Entry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Banner and CRM technology is desirable
- Positive and cheerful attitude is a must
- Must be able to work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard (Typing speed 40 wpm)
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or less
- Ability to maneuver numerous stairs
- Intermittently sitting/standing/sto0ping
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas