Division of Academic Affairs
Position Title: Administrative Assistant I
Department: Registrar’s Office
FLSA Category: Non-exempt
Reports to: Registrar
Works Closely with: Assistant Registrar, Faculty, Students, Student Workers
Directly Supervises: N/A
Job Summary: This position provides administrative assistance in the Registrar’s Office and serves as the initial and central contact in the Registrar’s office for University personnel and guests.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
Passion and enthusiasm
Dignity and respect for individuals
A diverse and inclusive community
Integrity and responsibility
Advancement of the greater good
Process transcript requests daily and answer questions regarding transcript request processing.
Maintain files, paper and electronic files maintained by the Office of Registrar.
Provide administrative support for the Office of Registrar. Support will include answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of inquiries generally in support of the daily operations of the Office of Registrar.
Provide Administrative Assistance to University Registrar:
- Maintain Registrar’s calendar
- Prepare Registrar for committee/council/general meetings – keep Registrar informed daily of upcoming appointments and events.
- Set appointments with students/faculty/staff for Registrar, Assistant, and Associate Registrar.
- Prioritize correspondence and requests of the University Registrar, Assistant, and Associate Registrar
Assist University Registrar with document creation and communication including but not limited to :
- Academic Integrity violation letters
- Confirmation of Degree letters
- Miscellaneous Office of Registrar forms
Coordinate Commencement Activities:
- Organize Graduate Fairs each term.
- Order diplomas for all graduates.
- Communicate with Graduates at the request of Registrar or Provost Office
- Work with Registrar to proof final graduate lists and program.
- Prepare Diploma covers.
- Prepare University Registrar for Commencement ceremonies.
- Supervise the distribution/mailing of diplomas.
Maintain Communication Plan for:
- Application for Degree process.
- Application for Academic Certification.
Maintain Academic Calendar on Millikin’s Website.
Assign classroom space for academic classes prior to Academic Advising.
Additional duties assigned by University Registrar.
1. Assist in answering telephones.
2. Provide Counter Service for:
- Drop/Add and Withdraw requests
- Transcript requests
- Scheduling problems
- Registration of students for all programs
- Respond and provide general information to questions/requests from students/faculty/staff via e-mail.
3. Edit and update semester schedule on Banner.
4. Maintain paper files on current and inactive students.
5. Maintain and update documents on Office of Registrar Website.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
High School Degree
One to three years’ previous office experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and a mail merge process
Experience with SCT Banner or other Administrative Software important
Must have strong communication and interpersonal skill
Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment – flexibility
Must be a self-starter
Must be trustworthy (this position deals with confidential information)
Must be willing to learn and willing to ask questions
Must be accurate
Must have strong organizational skills.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25-50 lbs.
- Occasionally standing, walking, bending and stooping
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range.
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package.