2018 Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS)
Region 4 Science Fair at Millikin University
Millikin University will host the Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) Region 4 Exposition on March 3, 2018. The exposition will be held on the Millikin University campus at the Leighty-Tabor Science Center (LTSC), and University Commons. The Illinois Junior Academy of Science State Exposition is the largest high school and middle school research competition in Illinois. More than 1,200 students from schools across Illinois will exhibit research and design investigations. They will compete for scholarships, best in category awards and other special awards.
Students begin their research and design projects supported locally by their schools, teachers and parents. Students advance to their regional expositions, which select the top students to advance to the state exposition. Student presentations will include the following topics:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Consumer and Behavioral Science
In addition, the IJAS State Exposition will feature an essay and artistic design competition.
Contact the IJAS Region 4 coordinators
Frequently asked questions
- What is IJAS? The Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) is a nonprofit organization that exists solely for the students. The IJAS and the state exposition are completely staffed by volunteers.
- How does a student get to the IJAS state exposition? An individual school sends their students to their region’s exposition. Students with the highest scores qualify for the state exposition. Due to the amount of space provided by the hosting institution, each region can send a limited number of projects to the state exposition.