The Host Family Program was recently featured on local news! Check out the story by clicking here.
Enhance your journey at Millikin University by joining the Host Family Program!
When you join the Host Family Program, the Center for International Education will match you with a local "host" who will help you explore U.S. culture, Millikin University and the Decatur area.
Throughout the academic year, you will meet monthly with your host to reinforce your multicultural awareness!!!
What are the benefits and outcomes for students?
- Increase your English-language skills to better understand and succeed inside and outside the classroom.
- Enhance your sense of community at MU.
- Learn about American culture, traditions and customs.
- Build your cross-cultural competency and understanding.
- Meet a host who will be there to answer your questions and serve as your personal advocate.
What do students need to do to participate?
- Be willing to learn
- Meet monthly with your host/or host family
- Keep a positive attitude
Who are the hosts?
Hosts are alumni, faculty, staff or local families who care about your success as a Millikin University student. Our hosts want to learn about you and your culture. Take them on a journey to explore your country by signing up to be part of the Host Family Program!
How do I sign up?
To be a part of the Host Family Program, click here for an application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Cushing, Coordinator for International Student Services, at (217) 424-3758 or email@example.com.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING A HOST FAMILY? PLEASE SEE THE FLYER BELOW.