Jump to navigation
- The student must meet with the Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator to discuss his/her disability and determine course substitution options.
- If documentation is requested to verify the need for a course substitution, the student is responsible for all associated expenses.
- If the documentation clearly indicates a disability that warrants a course substitution, a letter is sent from the Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator to the academic dean of the studentís college, advisor, Registrar and student. The letter includes possible substitution recommendations.
- The academic dean approves or rejects the request and contacts the student, advisor, Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator and Registrar.
- If approved the student must meet with his or her advisor to discuss an appropriate substitution.
- Appropriate math substitutions are dictated by requirement of the discipline.
- Requests for a course substitution may be rejected if it is determined that a substitution will substantially alter the curriculum.
For more information
- Carrie Pierson, Director of Disability Services/ADA Coordinator
- SH 204