Nominate Noteworthy Alumni for Awards
Nominations for Homecoming 2013 are now closed. Check back soon for an announcement of this year's recipients.
Members of the Millikin University family - alumni, parents and other friends of the University - are invited to nominate Millikin alumni for a variety of awards presented by the Millikin Alumni Association and the Athletic Hall of Fame committee during annual Homecoming activities.
(See lists of those who have been previously recognized)
Nominations are invited for:
- Alumnus of the Year - recognizing an alumna or alumnus whose service to the university during the previous year has been outstanding or one whose continuous service and support of the institution has been exemplary;
- Merit - honoring alumni who have distinguished themselves in their professions, provided outstanding community service or in other ways reflected credit upon themselves and Millikin;
- Loyalty - saluting alumni who have provided long and faithful service to Millikin and the interests of the university, and who have exhibited outstanding community service;
- Merit-Loyalty - recognizing alumni who have distinguished themselves in their profession and who have demonstrated loyalty and dedication to Millikin;
- Young Alumnus Award - honoring an alumna or alumnus under age 35 who has made notable achievements in a chosen field and has given faithful service to the university;
- Induction into the Millikin Athletic Hall of Fame - membership is open to all graduates and coaches who compiled outstanding records in one or more intercollegiate sports or have made outstanding contributions in sports-related fields since leaving Millikin; athletes must have graduated from Millikin and attended at least two years, and been out of school at least five years.
To submit a nomination, complete the Nomination Form
Those making nominations may supply supporting written documentation. Mail your documentation to: Millikin University, Attention: Jan Devore, senior director of alumni and donor engagement, 1184 West Main Street, Decatur, IL 62522-2084 or email your documentation.
Alumni award recipients will be selected by the Awards Committee of the Board of Directors of the Alumni Association and approved by the Millikin University Board of Trustees. Athletic Hall of Fame inductees are selected by the Athletic Hall of Fame committee. The awards and induction ceremony will be held during annual homecoming activities Oct. 4-6, 2013.