Qualified candidates for the MSN degree for Clinical Nurse Leader or Nurse Educator are highly motivated individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program and who seek leadership roles in clinical practice or educational settings. Qualified candidates for the MSN degree for the Master's Entry into Nursing Practicing are highly motivated individuals who hold a baccalaureate degree in any field from an accredited program.
Graduate applicants should:
*CNL and NE tracks; must demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Complete the MSN Application
- Send official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended.
*MENP tracks; must demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25 out of 4.0
- Provide evidence of successful completion (grade of C or better) of courses in undergraduate nursing research, health assessment, organic chemistry and statistics.
- CNL and NE tracks; possess an unencumbered license as an RN in Illinois.
- Provide scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). If you have maintained a GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) this requirement is waived in the CNL/NE tracks. If you have maintained a GPA of 3.25 (out of 4.0) this requirement is waived in the MENP track.
- Provide three (3) written recommendations (form) or (MENP form)
- For the MENP track, please see appropriate program for additional program requirements.
International students must submit official transcripts (in English) with an official evaluation of those transcripts by a foreign credentials evaluation agency and proof of English proficiency as evidenced by a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). There are additional requirements for international students; contact Millilkin’s Graduate Nursing Director, 1184 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL 62522, prior to submitting an application.