Dr. George Bennett
Dr. Bennett is an organic chemist who is interested in environmentally benign (green) syntheses, an avid runner, and the faculty advisor of the ACS student organization.
Dr. Bennett's homepage
Dr. Bennett's Meet the Prof profile
Professor of Chemistry, Millikin University
Dr. Bennett teaches:
- CH301 Organic Chemistry I
- CH302 Organic Chemistry II
- CH251 Intermediate Chemistry Laboratory I: Organic/Analytical
- CH252 Intermediate Chemistry Laboratory II: Organic/Inorganic Synthesis
- CH254 Introduction to Research
- CH422 Spectroscopy and Advanced Instrumentation
- CH490 Medicinal Chemistry
General Research Interests: Green chemistry applied to synthetic methodology and total synthesis of compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest; ethics of green chemistry, chemistry education; history of chemistry.
I attend Harvest Bible Chapel, and I am a member of the Decatur Running Club. I have completed nine marathons, including most recently the 2009 Boston Marathon.