Sigma Delta Pi (Millikin Chapter Phi Tau)
Advisor: Dr. Elizabeth Amaya email@example.com
Presidenta: Kiara Landin firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-presidenta: Maja Fidanovski email@example.com
Secretaria: Kyline Humm firstname.lastname@example.org
Tesorera: Sandra Romero email@example.com
The purposes of this society are:
1. To honor those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples;
2. To honor those who have made the Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known in the English-speaking world;
3. To encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper understanding of Hispanic culture;
4. To foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech;
5. To serve its membership in ways which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
Phi Tau was awarded "The Dean’s Cup during "Leadership Ceremony". The "Dean’s Cup Award" presented to Sigma Delta Pi, in recognition of excellence in campus programming, active involvement in campus life, and good rapport with the entire student body"
The chapter received the Premio Ignacio y Sophie Galbis – The Ignacio and Sophie Galbis Award is granted yearly to a chapter for its exemplary activities representing the highest ideals of the Society.
2010-2011 and 2011-2012
Phi Tau, was recognized as one of the fourteen chapters to receive Honor Chapter of the Year. Chapters are recognized annually for their outstanding activities.
Phi Tau was selected "Student Organization of the Year 2010-2011 "in recognition of outstanding achievement in embodying the purpose of the Organization while supporting the mission of Millikin University".
Premio Frida Kahlo - This award is presented yearly to a chapter for its outstanding website. Websites are judged on the basis of information provided, navigability, appearance, innovation and current maintenance. The selected chapter will receive a handsome plaque.
Sigma Delta Pi, Millikin Chapter Phi Tau sponsors academic events, among those activities are "Semana de la hispanidad" " Noche de estrellas" "Día de los muertos" "International Women’s Day" and "Cinco de Mayo. Phi Tau also supports the Departement of Modern languages through weekly Spanish Round Tables where Spanish students can practice in a relaxed environment.